Olivier Jegaden Prof.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- English, French
- Arterial grafting in coronary artery surgery
- Mitral valve repair, aortic valve repair
- Aortic root surgery and valve sparing surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery, video-assisted surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Transcatheter valve replacement (TAVI/TAVR)
- Pr. Olivier Jegaden is well-respected cardiac surgeon with outstanding surgical experience and academic background. He was a leading surgeon in the second cardiovascular surgical and transplant centre in France. He was highly instrumental in the building and development of the most active French heart centre in mini-invasive and robotic cardiac surgery. He has been a clinical investigator and consultant to the cardiovascular industry for the past 25 years and author of widely published clinical and fundamental research, with over 190 publications in peer-review journals.
- In the CHU of Lyon, France, he has been Professor of Cardiac Surgery since 1996. He was also head of the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular surgery from 2002. He was also Director of the institutional programmes for transplantation and robotic surgery. He became a visiting doctor at Zayed Military Hospital in Abu Dhabi in 2005, before joining Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, where he was highly involved in the set up and the development of this new high-tech centere. He was named Professor of Surgery in the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, USA, in May 2015.
- In December 2017, he joined Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital. He is an expert in total arterial revascularisation for coronary disease, minimally invasive valve repair and transcatheter valve replacement. He has a 30-year experience in cardiac surgery and performed more than 4500 cardiac operations.
- He is member of the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery, Society of Thoracic Surgeons and American Association for Thoracic Surgery.
- French National Board Certification (Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery)
- Board certified (Clin