Mazn Karmo Dr.
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- English, Arabic
- Anaemia, investigation and management of iron deficiency anaemia
- Abdominal pain, diarrhoea, constipation and rectal bleed
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease, Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis and microscopic colitis)
- Food intolerance and Coeliac disease Helicobacter Pylori management
- Investigation of abnormal liver function tests
- Cirrhosis and liver cancer
- Primary biliary cholangitis and all autoimmune liver diseases
- Investigation and treatment of jaundice
- Fatty liver and other metabolic disease. Fibro-Scan
- Haemochromatosis (diagnosis and management)
- Alcoholic liver disease and alcoholic hepatitis/cirrhosis
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C infections including antiviral therapy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy (EGD)
- Colonoscopy (accredited as screener in the United Kingdom for Bowel Cancer Screening Program)
- Management of oesophageal and gastric varices
- Barrett’s oesophagus surveillance
- PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) feeding tube insertion
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Dr Mazn Karmo is committed to delivering a professional and personal high quality service at all times. He has over 18 years of experience in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr Mazn Karmo received his Gastroenterology specialist training in the United Kingdom and had worked at major teaching centres in Birmingham, Leeds and Sheffield in the UK. He completed his subspeciality in Hepatology and was awarded CCT in General Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology in 2008.
On completion of his training Dr Mazn Karmo was appointed as consultant Physician Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist at the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust as the head of the Gastroenterology and Hepatology department. He worked hard to develop a liver service and to improve the gastroenterology service in order to deliver high quality of care to his patients.
- Member of
- Royal College of Physician of London
British Society of Gastroenterology
European Association for the Study of the Liver
- MD, MRCP, CCT FRCP