- Surgical benign breast diseases
- Breast cancer
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Breast screening evaluation
- United Arab Emirates
- Dr Afra Almarar completed her MBBS. from the Faculty of Medicine, UAE University, and her internship in Al Ain and Tawam Hospitals, UAE in 1994, following which she undertook her surgical training there and in Mafraq Hospital, Abu Dhabi from 1995 to 2000. Subsequently, she obtained her FRCS (Glasgow), MSc and PhD (Clinical Research Fellow - in Medical Science - Breast Cancer) from University of Glasgow, UK.
Dr. Almarar also did her Breast Surgery Fellowship at the Interdisciplinary Breast Center (Sana Krankenhaus Gerresheim) and Department of Senology and Breast Surgery (Breast Center, Marien Hospital) in Dusseldorf, Germany, as well as a Breast Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at the National Cancer Institute (Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Dei Tumori) in Milan, Italy, following which she obtained her European Board of Surgery Qualification in Breast Surgery.
She has attended several specialised international educational training skill courses and workshops, and conferences in breast benign diseases and cancer management; including diagnostic radiology and pathology, and oncoplastic and breast reconstruction surgery.
Dr Almarar is a member of Association of Breast Surgery (ABS-UK), and European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists (EUSOMA), and had several published papers on breast cancer including British Journal of Cancer and European Journal of Surgical Oncology.
Dr Almarar has many years of experience as a breast surgeon working in Government hospitals and the UAE National Breast Screening Center (Abu-Dhabi). Prior to joining Mediclinic, she was a Consultant Breast Surgeon at Tawam Hospital, Al Ain.
- MBBS, FRCS (Glasgow), MSc, PhD, EBSQ (Breast Surgery)