- Abdominal problems including small and large bowel disease, pancreas and gall stones as well as stomach and oesophagus
- Surgery for all abdominal and groin hernias
- Common perianal problems such as haemorrhoids, fissure and fistula
- Pilonidal sinus
- Surgical problems of the skin
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Dr. David McGregor Rae has worked as Consultant Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic Surgeon for 25 years.
Over three quarters of his elective work has comprised of upper GI surgery, both open and laparoscopic. He initially provided a resectional service for oesophago-gastric cancer and later developed a tertiary service for the treatment of pancreatic cancer.
Dr. David has performed over 10,000 laparoscopic, cholecystectomies and a large number of laparoscopic fundoplications for acid reflux. He has performed over 120 ERCPs per year for bile duct stones and biliary strictures including JAG recognised level 3 ERCP service due to complex intervention including “Spyglass”.
Dr. David has performed over 5000 upper GI endoscopies and he is proficient in most therapeutic upper GI endoscopic procedures most frequently the treatment of esophageal strictures.
Dr. David was trained in most complex elective upper GI/HPB procedures and in the delivery of a comprehensive emergency “general surgical” service.
For several years he was an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons and is also a former member of faculty for basic and higher surgical training at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- MBBS, FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Eng), MS