At Mediclinic City Hospital, we have stringent measures in place to ensure that the hospital remains Covid free and our patients and community can access the best health service in a safe environments and with complete peace of mind.
- Every patient and visitor is screened for signs and symptoms. Thermal camera and Screening questionnaire are placed at every entrance of the hospital to ensure only symptom free patients gain access to the labour and maternity wards.
- Upon entry to the hospital for any maternity/labour issue you will be directed directly to the labour room- no need to go via the Emergency Department.
- Our midwives and maternity nurses work exclusively on the labour ward and maternity ward - they are not deployed to other areas of the hospital.
- Our ancillary staff work only on the maternity and labor wards - they are not cleaning the rooms or serving patients with covid 19.
- We have limited visitors to the labour and maternity wards but HUSBANDS ARE ALLOWED IN LABOUR AND DELVIERY AND IN C-SECTIONS for non-covid positive patients having regional (not general) anesthesia with appropriate protective gears.
- All surgical patients are screened for covid 19 prior to surgery.
- We have a well thought out plan on how to best care for any woman with covid 19 or if suspected of having covid 19. We meet on a regular basis to revise or update the plan depending on the current situation in the UAE.