The Neuroscience centre at Mediclinic City Hospital offers treatments for the most common and highly complex neurological disorders.
The centre offers advanced diagnostics, surgery, treatment and rehabilitation for disorders affecting the central nervous system, including multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and stroke.
We have a dedicated 24/7, highly specialised stroke service that employs state of the art imaging and treatment modalities based on international best practices to treat various types of strokes.
Our neuroscience team also holds evening clinics, ensuring that our patients have access to experts when they need it.
Five fascinating facts about our brain:
- The human brain keeps developing until the age of around 50
- When we’re awake, our brain creates enough electricity to illuminate a small light bulb
- The brain is made of 60% fat
- The smell of chocolate triggers brainwaves that have a calming effect
- Every time a memory is created, new connections are made in the brain