- Non-surgical and surgical treatment of adult/paediatric sports Injuries of knee/ shoulder/hip/ankle
- Knee cruciate ligament (ACL) and cartilage tears
- Failed/re-do ligament (ACL) surgery of knee
- Meniscus repair/resection/replacement surgery
- Knee cap/patella dislocations
- Keyhole (arthroscopy) surgery of knee
- Multiple ligament injury of knee – repair and reconstruction
- Deformity correction around the knee – bow leg/knock knee
- Knee joint preservation surgery – tibial/femoral osteotomy
- Knee joint arthritis – partial /total knee replacement
- Keyhole (arthroscopy) surgery of shoulder
- Management of shoulder dislocations
- Rotator cuff tear
- Acromioclavicular joint injuries
- Biceps/triceps tendon injuries
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Hip key hole (arthroscopy) surgery
- Hip labral tear repair
- Hip impingement surgery
- Proximal hamstring repair /reconstruction
- Achilles tendon repair/reconstruction
- Ankle instability
- Ankle impingement – keyhole surgery
- Stem cell therapy and PRP
- Trauma - all joints except spine
- Dr Soni is a highly experienced British and American trained, board certified, Knee and Sports Orthopaedic Surgeon. He is the founder of “The London Sports Surgery Clinic” based in Harley Street, London. He also held a substantive NHS Consultant post at Olympic Park/Homerton University Hospital, where he was Director of Orthopaedic Education and Research.
Dr Soni has a high-volume tertiary level practice focusing on complex soft tissue knee pathology, hip/shoulder arthroscopic surgery and hamstring injuries and has performed in excess of 5000 procedures. Having served as team physician for Division 1 collegiate and professional teams in the United States, including the Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL), Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL), and Pittsburgh Ballet, he has extensive experience in providing the highest level of care to professional and amateur athletes. He has treated various Olympic athletes, players from Premier League football clubs, professional basketball players and cricketers and the majority of them have successfully returned to their previous level of sporting activity following surgery.
Dr Soni graduated in 2003 with honours. His surgical training started in London, following which he moved to Leeds for higher surgical training. After obtaining the FRCS, he completed a pre-CCT Knee Fellowship in Leeds. Thereafter he was accepted into a prestigious one-year Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship programme at the world-renowned University of Pittsburgh Center for Sports Medicine. He mastered the advanced arthroscopy skills of knee, hip and shoulder under the guidance of Dr Freddie Fu and Dr James Bradley. He also won the "Best Graduating Fellow" award from the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr Soni is an award-winning researcher and innovator. He has developed surgical techniques and frequently delivers expert lectures internationally. He has numerous peer-reviewed publications and his research has been presented at various national and international meetings. He has also authored numerous book chapters related to sports injuries and is a reviewer for orthopaedic journals. He is a keen educator and hosts advanced arthroscopy visitation fellows from all over the world.
Dr Soni believes in providing the highest quality evidence based operative and non-operative care to his patients. He prides himself in offering modern minimally invasive, state of the art solutions in a compassionate manner. Being a humanitarian at heart, he is currently working towards establishing a charity to encourage sports at schools and strategies to prevent injuries.
- MD, Dip SEM, FRCS (Ortho), CCT (UK)