- Structural heart disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Coronary heart disease
- New therapies and procedures:
- Percutaneous device closure of interatrial communications (PFO/ASD)
- Percutaneous alcohol septal ablation
- Percutaneous aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Percutaneous mitral valve reconstruction using MitraClip and
- Percutaneous closure of paravalvular leaks
- Percutaneous closure of left atrial appendage (LAA)
- Dr. Bartel is a cardiologist and internist with 30 years of clinical experience and more than 20 years of experience in Interventional Cardiology.
Dr. Bartel has been involved in research and teaching at four academic centres in Germany, Austria and the UAE. He was also formerly held a Professorship of Medicine at the Case Western Reserve University, USA. until June 2019, as well as guest Professorships in Vietnam.
He is also a book editor and has authored 13 book chapters. He has more than 180 printed publications with more than 3000 citations.
Dr. Bartel has several lead authorships in major international journals such as the EHJ, JACC and Circulation, h-index 32.
- MD, PhD, FESC