Who is a good donor?
All potential donors MUST go through rigorous medical testing and psychological assessments
In general, the donor must be:
- Physically/Psychologically/Medically fit
- Between 18 and 65 years old (exceptions for some cases)
- A blood relative of the recipient, up to the 4th degree.
Conditions that may prevent donation
- HIV + status
- History of Hepatitis infection
- High blood pressure or use of blood pressure medications
- History of kidney stones
- Chronic use of certain types of medications
- Mental illness
- A strong family history of diabetes or kidney disease