Amit Kumar Dr. (ID*)
- Vascular Surgery
- Dr. Kumar is a Vascular Surgeon, originally from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio. Prior to which he completed his General Surgery in New York, USA.
- Most recently he has worked as a Consultant surgeon at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi as part of the team which moved from Cleveland to Abu Dhabi. In addition to his work at Mediclinic City Hospital, he is also Assistant Clinical Professor (Surgery) at Columbia University, New York.
- He treats a broad range of vascular and endovascular conditions using the current minimally invasive endovascular procedures including balloon angioplasty, atherectomy, stent procedures and open surgical repair including bypass for conditions such as varicose veins, wounds – especially diabetic feet, as well as aortic aneurysms, dialysis access and carotid artery stenosis.
- He has continued his research interests while in the UAE and is on the panel of the international TASC guideline committee as well as being on the editorial board of the journal 'Vascular'. He has recently published a vascular textbook 'Handbook of Endovascular Interventions' with Springer and which is available online.
- He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and certified by the American Board of Surgery.
- Dr. Amit is available for consultations every Tuesday 10:00 - 19:00hrs and Wednesday from 16:00 - 19:00hrs. For questions and referrals he can be contacted at Amit.K@mediclinic.ae
- *Independent Doctors(ID): Defined as individuals not employed by Mediclinic Middle East who are granted the privilege to treat patient at MCME facilities, in either inpatient or outpatient settings, as applicable