- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Back and neck pain
- Peripheral joint pain
- General musculoskeletal cases Orthopaedic conditions including post-operative rehabilitation
- Manual therapy: spinal/peripheral (Mulligan and Maitland mobilisation concepts, neural tissue mobilisation, soft tissue work and trigger point therapy)
- Kinesio taping
- Dry needling
- Postural and ergonomic advice
- Individualised home exercise plans
- Electrotherapy modalities
- South African
- Ricky graduated from the University of Cape Town, South Africa in 2011 with a BSc Honours degree in Physiotherapy. In 2013 he undertook an Orthopaedic Manual Therapy certificate, which furthered his interest in the management of neuro-musculoskeletal conditions, taking a client-centred approach based on clinical reasoning and medical communication, using highly specific treatment approaches, including manual techniques and therapeutic exercises.
- He has experience in all core fields of physiotherapy including musculoskeletal, respiratory, neurological, geriatric, paediatric and orthopaedic management and has worked in both the private sector and as a senior physiotherapist in a public sector clinic in South Africa prior to joining Mediclinic Parkview Hospital. He is currently completing his Masters in Health Management.
- He is a registered physiotherapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa and the Dubai Health Authority.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy