Vipan Bhatia Dr.
- English , Hindi
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy ,Penile linear shock wave therapy ,Endourology ,Holmium & Thulium Laser ablation of Prostate ,Radiofrequency thermotherapy of prostate and minimally invasive therapy for prostate disorders ,Erectile, ejaculatory dysfunction and male infertility ,Electomagnetic therapy for pelvic floor disorders ,Testosterone replacement therapy
- Dr. Bhatia is a highly experienced consultant in Urology and Andrology with almost thirty years' practice in the field. He performs all types of major and minor, emergency and elective urological surgery procedures. He has a special aptitude for Endourology and extra corporeal shock wave lithotripsy and has extensive and diverse experience with minimally invasive management of urolithiasis
- He established the first ESWL and Endourology Centre in South East Asia in New Delhi, India in 1987 where he treated more than 12,000 urinary calculus patients and supervised about 20,000 ESWL treatment sessions. Other areas of special interest and experience include non-surgical management of prostate disorders, male infertility and erectile dysfunction and more than 20 years' experience with medical management of BPH, prostate stents, balloon dilatation and hyperthermia of the prostate and recently with the contact and non-contact holmium laser prostatectomy. He is expert in the diagnosis and management of male infertility and erectile dysfunction including intracavernosal injection and penile prosthesis and testosterone replacement therapy
- He also established the Urology and Andrology Department in Oasis Hospital, Al Ain in October 2000, and worked as Director of the Stone and Prostate Laser Centre and Medical Director in the Specialized Medical Care Hospital, Al Ain, and UAE from June 2006 to December 2013. He joins Mediclinic from his position as Director Stone & Prostate Laser Centre & Male Health Clinic in Al Ain Cromwell Hospital, Al Ain.
- Academic Contributions:
- 117 scientific papers presented in over 60 international conferences around the World
- 82 lectures in CME Programmes in UAE and GCC
- 144 Publications in national and international Urology & Andrology journals
- Clinical Assistant Professor in Urology in UAE University – Al Ain
- MS (Surgery)
- MCH (Urology)
- FIMSA (Urology)
- FICS (Urology)
- FACS (Urology)