Beena Hameed Dr.
- English, Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi
- Inflammatory arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, crystal arthropathy including gout)
- Metabolic bone disease including osteoporosis
- Connective tissue diseases (lupus, vasculitis and myositis)
- Soft tissue rheumatism
- Dr Beena Hameed is a consultant rheumatologist and internist, accredited and certified from the Joint Royal Colleges Training Board, UK. She has 25 years' experience in Internal Medicine, and 18 years' experience in Rheumatology. She has been trained and practised at some of the London's most recognised institutions including King's College, St. George's, Guys and St Thomas' Hospital. She has practised internal medicine and rheumatology in Pakistan, the UK and UAE, helping her better understand her patients' different cultural, religious and educational needs.
- In addition to her clinical training, she has completed two years of a Masters' degree in Clinical Research in Rheumatology and has been involved in training and teaching in association with Queen Mary University of London as a clinical lecturer. She has published her research papers in some of the leading international peer-reviewed journals and presented her research work in local and international meetings. She is an invited speaker at international meetings. She believes in treating patients with rheumatic diseases using innovative evidence-based therapies.
- Her scope of work includes the treatment of inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis, metabolic bone disease (including osteoporosis, vitamin D Deficiency, Paget's disease), connective tissue diseases , soft tissue rheumatism, local back, neck, shoulder, knee pain and foot pain and other generalised body pain, as well as joint swelling or stiffness. Dr. Hameed has a keen interest in use of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnostic and therapeutic rheumatic diseases. She also offers procedures such as joints aspiration, injections and soft tissue injections and offers ultrasound-guided injections. She also has vast experience in use of biologic agents in the management of auto-immune arthritis.
- MSc (Rheumatology)