Faisel Ikram Dr.
- Bariatric Surgery
Advanced endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery ,Mainly colorectal, Oesophagogastric and pancreatico-biliary surgery ,Interventional GI endoscopy, including ERCPs and endoluminal stenting
- Dr. Faisel Ikram joined Mediclinic City Hospital as Consultant General Surgeon/ Surgical Gastroenterologist with special interest in advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- After completing his surgical training at Johannesburg General Hospital, he took up a consultant position at the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and was a lecturer at the Wits Medical School, University of Witwatersrand. He completed his sub-speciality training and continued to work as a Senior Consultant in his unit, specialising in surgical oncology.
- He has been actively involved in conducting training workshops in basic and advanced laparoscopy in South Africa.
- Johannesburg General Hospital and Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, University of Witwatersrand
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- Fellow of College of Surgeons, South Africa
- Certificate in Surgical Gastroenterology, South Africa
- Board Certifications
- Health Professional Council of South Africa
- Dubai Healthcare City Council
- Clinical Expertise
- Laparoscopic Colorectal, Appendicectomy, Antireflux (Nissen), Esophageal Myotomy, Hernia Repair, Splenectomy, Cholecystectomy and common Bile Duct Exploration.
- Interventional GI Endoscopy, including E.R.C.P.
- FRCSI (Dublin)
- FCS (SA)
- Cert. Gastro (SA)