Faruq M. Badiuddin Dr.
- General Surgery
- English, Hindi
- Minimally invasive hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery
- Weight loss surgery and metabolic surgery for diabetes
- Breast and endocrine surgery
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Dr. Faruq is a gastrointestinal and advanced laparoscopic surgeon with over 30 years of extensive experience. He was a consultant surgeon in the UK and Ireland from 1996 to 2001 and has been a practising surgeon in Dubai since 2002.
- Following basic surgical training in India, he received higher surgical training in Gastro-Intestinal and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in the United Kingdom. He has been a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England since 1993. He is an expert in bariatric surgery for morbid obesity, following extensive training at University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium IRCAD, Strasbourg, France and Mount Sinai Hospital, New York.
- He founded the Emirates Society of Laparo-endoscopic Surgery in 2004 and served the Society as President from 2004 to 2009. He founded and is the current General Secretary for the Emirates Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society. He has since been the organising chairman for several international surgical conferences in Dubai inclusing the Arab Health Middle East Surgery Conference.
- Dr Faruq has several publications to his credit, and regularly contributes to professional conferences and meetings. His contributions to the field of Minimally Invasive Surgery have received recognition through several awards which have been conferred on him in recent years.
- Dr. Faruq is a member of the following professional bodies :
- - Founder President, Emirates Society of Lapro-Endoscopic Surgeons
- - Founder and Chairman, Dubai Endoscopic Surgeons' Club
- - Founder & General Secretary, Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Interest Group, UAE
- - General Secretary, UAE Chapter of International Federation for Surgery for Obesity
- - Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Full Member, European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- FRCS (England)