Fateh Elkhatib Dr.
- Endocrinology / Diabetes
- English, Arabic
- Thyroid disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Dr. Fateh Elkhatib is a consultant adult endocrinologist with 10 years of experience in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism. He was trained in Internal Medicine at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and then finished his training in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan in 2010.
- He became American Board certified in Internal Medicine in 2006 and American Board Certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism in 2010.
- He received special training from The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) in management of radioactive iodine therapy, and subsequently, he became an authorised user from the United State Nuclear Regulatory Commission/Oklahoma State for handling radioactive iodine therapy for the treatment of thyroid cancer and overactive thyroid gland in the State of Oklahoma. In addition, he became a certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD) from the US – International Society for Clinical Densitometry in 2009.
- He worked at Wayne State University as an attending in Endocrinology and Diabetes and was appointed to teach medical school students. Subsequently, he was recruited by INTEGRIS Health system in Oklahoma State to work at their hospital in Oklahoma City, where he became the Head of the Endocrine Division at Southwest hospital – INTEGRIS from 2015-2016. Dr. Fateh then moved to the UAE where he worked at a private hospital in Abu Dhabi prior to joining Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital in 2018.
- Dr. Fateh's specialist areas include diabetes mellitus, thyroid gland disorders including thyroid cancer, polycystic ovary syndrome, osteoporosis, adrenal gland disorders, pituitary gland disorders, management of obesity, irregular cycles, male sexual dysfunction and abnormal hair growth for women, pituitary gland disorders ( hyperprolactinemia, Cushing syndrome and Acromegaly). Furthermore, he is also expert in fine needle aspiration biopsy for thyroid nodules and neck masses.
- Dr. Fateh has published widely in different reputable journals.