Hassan Jabbar Shaikh Dr. (ID*)
- Pain Medicine
- English, Urdu
- Chronic pain, especially neck and back pain
- Neuropathic pain syndromes and fibromyalgia
- Counselling for his chronic pain patients and pain management for spine conditions during pre- and post- operative periods to facilitate a pain free and swift recovery
- Dr Hassan Jabbar Shaikh is a consultant in pain medicine and anaesthesia with a wide experience in dealing with complex pain problems and spine-related pain conditions. After completing his internship in Pakistan, he left for the UK in 1992 to pursue his career in anaesthesia and pain management. In the UK he completed his specialisation in 1996 from the Royal College of Anaesthetists and then continued his sub-specialisation in Pain Medicine. He was awarded CCST in 2003 and fellowship in Pain Medicine in 2007. He served as a consultant in pain medicine and anaesthesia for more than five years in the UK before arriving in Dubai.
- He has worked in many hospitals in the UK including Whipps Cross Hospital, Royal London Hospital, St Andrews Centre for Plastic and Burns, Basildon Hospital, Southend-On- Sea Hospital, London Chest Hospital and finally Chase Farm Hospital as a consultant in pain medicine and anaesthesia.
- Dr Hassan joined Dubai Hospital in 2008 and later the American Spine Center where he has had extensive experience in procedures such as epidural, facet joint blocks, trigger point injections and individual nerve blocks in addition to Intervertebral Disc Decompression Therapy.
- *Independent Doctors(ID): Defined as individuals not employed by Mediclinic Middle East who are granted the privilege to treat patient at MCME facilities, in either inpatient or outpatient settings, as applicable.
- Fellowship (Pain medicine)