Patrick Noel Dr.
- Bariatric Surgery
- English, French
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery
- Revisional surgery after failed band, sleeve, bypass, or other bariatric procedures
- Med-tech innovation
- Research in the fields of bariatric surgery and medical/surgical innovations
- Trained in Minimally Invasive Surgery in the early 1990s, Dr. Patrick Noel has become one of the most representative laparoscopic surgeons in France. He started his journey in Obesity Surgery when he was still a fellow and slowly developed his skills when he first joined a private practice at the end of his fellowship.
At the end of 2000, he founded the Bariatric Surgery Department in the Casamance Private Hospital that quickly became the cornerstone of Bariatric Surgery in France; with over 6,000 bariatric procedures (sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, duodenal switch, SADI, gastric banding) including more than 850 revisional procedures, his activity became the largest of the country for a single operator.
Dr. Patrick Noel is at the origin of the Posterior Approach to the Sleeve Gastrectomy. It enables a faster surgery with minimal number of incisions and without the use of a liver retractor. He has also extensively published about the ReSleeve Gastrectomy that he participated in developing.
In 2012, his experience in the Bariatric field was recognised worldwide during the Sleeve Consensus Summit in New York, where he was invited by Prof. Gagner to present the largest experience in revisional surgery from gastric banding to sleeve gastrectomy.
Since then, he has been actively involved in the activities of French and international surgical societies, including the ASMBS (American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery), the IFSO (International Federation Society of Obesity) and is a reviewer for SOARD (Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases) and Obesity Surgery. His extensive list of publications illustrates his broad experience.
In 2015, Dr. Patrick Noel left France to practice in the UAE, focusing on a holistic approach of the treatment of obesity while continuing to take part in the development of new surgical approaches in the Bariatric field.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- French Board of Laparoscopic Surgery, French Board of Digestive and Oncology Surgery
Bariatric Endoscopy Certificate