Ibrahim Riza Dr.
- Vascular Surgery
- English, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil
- Dr. Riza is a highly experienced consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon who completed his surgical and vascular surgical training in the UK, at centres of excellence such as the Royal Liverpool University and the South Manchester University hospitals. Prior to joining Mediclinic, he worked in the UK's NHS where, most recently, he was clinical director of Vascular Services at the Pennine Acute Hospitals in Greater Manchester, a tertiary vascular unit where he led the development and merger of Vascular services in Greater Manchester, including the commissioning of a state of the art Hybrid OR.
- His main interest is in endovascular aortic and carotid interventions. He has excellent world leading results in endovascular aortic aneurysm repair as published in the UK National Vascular Registry. He also carries out endo-venous (laser) and surgical treatment of varicose veins, AV fistulae for dialysis access, lower limb bypass and angioplasties for lower limb ischemia and claudication, Botox therapy for excessive axillary sweating, and treatment of deep venous obstruction (DVT), chronic venous insufficiency, lymphedema and leg swelling, diabetic foot and its complications, thoracic outlet obstruction syndrome, chronic non-healing leg ulcers, carotid aneurysms and visceral aneurysms, and AV malformations.
- Among other memberships, he is a member of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland, British Society of Endovascular Therapy and is part of the European/Brazilian aortic experts group.
- FRCS (Gen & Vascular Surgery)
- CCST (UK)