Omer El Farouk El Rufaie Prof. (ID*)
- English, Arabic
- Depressive and anxiety disorders, including atypical presentation of psychiatric disorders by physical symptoms
- Comorbidity (combination) of depression, anxiety and other psychiatric disorders with physical illness
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Phobic disorders
- Psychosexual disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Marital therapy
- Old age psychiatry e.g. depression, anxiety and dementia
- Psychiatric aspect of organic brain syndromes e.g. epilepsy, late complications of head injury etc.
- American /Sudanese
- Professor El Rufaie trained at the Institute of Psychiatry, University of London and has more than 35 years of experience in his field. He practises adult and adolescent psychiatry (13 years of age and above).
- He does not treat substance (drug) misuse disorders or psychoses e.g. schizophrenia, schizophrenia-like pychoses and bipolar disorder.
- He has been Professor of Psychiatry and Departmental Chair, Faculty of Medicine, UAE University for 22 years and has a well-established record of psychiatric research published in prestigious medical journals. In addition, he has Fellowship and membership of top international psychiatric societies and associations, and is a regular active participant of local, regional and international scientific meetings and conferences.
- *Independent Doctors(ID): Defined as individuals not employed by Mediclinic Middle East who are granted the privilege to treat patient at MCME facilities, in either inpatient or outpatient settings, as applicable.