Nicholas Hoque Dr.
- General Paediatrics
- Fever and infection
- Dr Hoque has over 14 years specialist experience in Paediatrics and Neonatology. Before joining Mediclinic he was a consultant at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London where His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge and Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge were born.
- Dr Hoque's medical degree is from Imperial College London (ranked 4th best Medical School in the world). He was ranked 1st in the U.K. when entering specialist training. He is dual certified as a Consultant Paediatrician and Consultant Neonatologist and was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. He trained and worked in the most prestigious centers of excellence including Great Ormond Street Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital and the University of California San Francisco.
- Dr Hoque was awarded prizes from The Neonatal Society U.K. and Health Education England. Dr Hoque has published and presented his research internationally on brain injury and treatments and been awarded prizes for his work. He is a reviewer for several peer-reviewed scientific journals including Pediatrics, the European Journal of Paediatrics, and Archives of Disease in Childhood.
- He has sat on several committees of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Dr Hoque is author of the best-selling textbook The Oxford Handbook of Neonatology and Editor of Neonatology At A Glance. He is a medical advisor for BabyBjorn, the best selling baby carrier worldwide. Dr Hoque is the only doctor in the UAE who is trained in Neonatal Neurology and the only British-born and trained paediatrician in Al Ain. He is praised by his patients and families for his excellent bedside manner.
- BSc (Hons)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (UK)
- CCT (London