Oloruntoba Elegbe Dr.
- Internal Medicine
- English, Yoruba
- Dr. Elegbe has 30 years experience in Internal Medicine, the last 22 of which have been spent in practice in the UK. In the UK, he is dually accredited with the General Medical Council in both Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Since becoming a consultant in 1999, he has treated adult patients with various internal medicine problems including hypertension, heart attack, stroke, asthma, COPD, diabetes emergencies, poisoning and diseases in old age among other illnesses.
- As a practitioner of geriatric medicine, in addition to internal medicine, he believes in the preventative benefits of comprehensive early geriatric intervention which helps older adults maintain their independence, prevent deterioration of chronic medical and physical conditions and avert medical crises which result in recurrent inpatient admissions.
- He has experience at consultant level at various UK hospitals including the Homerton University Hospital, London, Worthing Hospital, Worthing and at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow where he also served as the clinical service lead. His most recent appointment before joining Mediclinic was as consultant in Acute Internal Medicine at the Croydon University Hospital, London.
- He is a Fellow of the West African College of Physicians, a Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (London), a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, a member of the Society for Acute Medicine (UK) and the British Geriatric Society. He has been a Royal College of Physicians representative on the consultant Advisory Appointment Committee (AAC) in England.
- He is also a Royal College of Physicians of London accredited physicians' educator and recently completed the University of Dundee (Scotland) postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education. He also sat on the Royal College of Physicians acute internal medicine specialist certificate examination standard setting and question writing committees.
- MB BS FWACP FACP FRCP (London)
- Dip. Endocrinology