- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
- CTEV and other foot and ankle abnormalities
- Limb deformity surgery
- Cerebral palsy and other neuromuscular problems
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE)
- Complex and major trauma
- Bone & Joint infection
- Perthes Disease
- Dr. Ibrar Majid is a Consultant Paediatric Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon whose practice is completely dedicated to treating bone and joint problems in children. His clinical practice encompasses the full spectrum of paediatric orthopaedics, including upper limb surgery, and he has a specialist interest in limb deformity and reconstruction. He was born and schooled in the United Kingdom, and read medicine at the University of London. After graduating as a doctor he undertook surgical training in London, Leicester, Manchester and Liverpool (UK) and Baltimore (USA) before receiving his certification of training (CCT). During this time he also completed an MSc in Orthopaedic Engineering. He is currently a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, a board member of the Middle East Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (MEPOS), as well as a member of the British Society for Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery (BSCOS) and the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA).
Dr. Ibrar is based at Al Jalila Children’s Specialty Hospital, Dubai, and joins Mediclinic Parkview as part of the “Al Jalila Children’s @” programme. This is a collaboration between Al Jalila Children’s Hospital and Mediclinic Middle East which aims to increase access to specialised paediatric care for the children of the UAE, making it closer to home where possible.
Dr. Ibrar passionately believes that all children should have access to the best quality of healthcare, and works with his colleagues to ensure that each and every child with bone and joint problems is able to reach their maximum potential and live a rich and fulfilling childhood. As a parent himself, he finds no better joy in his work than seeing children recover from injury and disease and return to normal, pain free function.
- BSc (Physiology) and MBBS University of London
MSc (Orthopaedic Engineering) University of Wales, Cardiff
FRCS (Tr&Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of England