Speech & Language Therapy Services in Adults:
- Stammering/ Stuttering
- Voice conditions (Vocal Cord Nodules, Vocal Cord Palsy)
- Aphasia (Language difficulties)
- Dysarthria (Speech difficulties)
- Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulties)
- Speech and Language difficulties after Stroke
- Neurological conditions impacting on speech, language and swallowing
- Lucy is a UK trained Speech & Language Therapist with 10 years of experience in the UK and the UAE across many settings.
She is Dedicated to helping people regain their speech, language and swallowing in everyday life.
Lucy is very passionate about intensive speech and language rehabilitation after stroke, working towards achieving as much recovery as possible when it counts.
Lucy is an advocate for adults who stammer, offering assessment, therapy and ongoing support. She is committed to working with people who have voice conditions (Vocal Cord Nodules, Vocal Cord Palsy) to
educate, restore and preserve the voice and is enthusiastic to improve swallowing aiming to ensure safety, ease and fulfilment in all aspects of eating and drinking
- Lucy is licensed by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC, UK), The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT, UK) and Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA).
She continues her professional development and has completed courses in:
• Foundation in Art Therapy (ATIC, Dubai) BAAT accredited.
• Stuttering Clinical Education – An integrated approach to its assessment and treatment (Barry Guitar & Goncalo Leal).
• Voice Registration explained (Professor Ingo R Tize) Canto Song & Voice School.
• Surgery of the Voice (Professor Robert Sataloff) Canto Song & Voice School.
• Dementia Therapy: A Speech Pathologist’s Guide to Successful Interventions & Documentation.
• LSVT LOUD™ Professional Training and Certification.
• LSVT eLOUD™ Professional Training and Certification.
• Practical Voice Therapy techniques (London Voice CEN).
• The Tobii Technology EyeGaze Learning Curve (Tobii).
• Cognitive Behaviour Therapy; An Introduction.
• Introduction to Solution Focused Therapy.
• Management of motor speech disorders.
• Working with adults who stammer (City Lit, UK).
• Making communication access a reality (Connect U.K).
• Introduction to Advanced Clinical Reasoning and Decision-Making (Kate Malcomess).
- Bsc (Hons) Clinical Language Sciences
Mediclinic City Hospital
Speech & Language Therapist
In department Lucy Strawford