Sam Hassan Dr.
- Dr. Sam Hassan is a senior consultant paediatrician in the UK and Dubai with over 30 years' experience in childhood diseases and child health (Paediatrics) and newborn diseases (Neonatology), with more than 15 years as a consultant paediatrician and neonatologist.
- A British , he has worked in many university and general hospitals and specialist children hospitals in England, Scotland, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, British Forces Health Services in Germany and with the Royal Navy in the Royal Naval Hospital in Gibraltar. He made a significant contribution to the improvement of the services academically and clinically in the UK and beyond, such as in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where he worked as a consultant paediatrician and neonatologist for four years in a very busy hospital, and has published many rare cases and medical articles. He joined Mediclinic City Hospital in 2011 from his last position in the UK as a consultant paediatrician in London. He is an active member of many committees such as the audit committee, Brain death committee and Breastfeeding-friendly Hospital committee, an initiative by UNICEF, and a contributing and dynamic member of the Asian Society of Pediatric Infectious Disease and the World Congress of Pediatrics.
- His interests are in general paediatric diseases and child health, paediatric infectious diseases, respiratory diseases, bed wetting and urine problems, skin diseases in children, ADHD, autism, neurodevelopment disorders, feeding difficulties and newborn problems. He also trained in autistic spectrum disorders in the United States. Dr Sam has managed and treated more than 100,000 children and newborns in variable settings of hospitals, community centres, intensive care units, academic centres, and different countries and communities, which gives him extensive and in depth experience across the spectrum.
- Dr. Sam piloted substantial research in Clinical Paediatric Medicine for four years in the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Glasgow and he used a new anabolic hormone for the first time in paediatric medicine. Whilst at Mediclinic City Hospital, he has also established a new treatment for hemangiomas in children. Through his research, he has made an undisputable contribution to paediatric medicine and improved the health of children enrolled in his clinical research work. He has also published over 70 papers and articles about children's health, has authored one book, and chaired/contributed to many international conferences. Throughout the years he has taught medical students and postgraduate doctors in many universities in the UK such as St. Georges Medical School, London, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, Medical School of Warwickshire, University of Glasgow, the Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health London and the London Deanery, and is now teaching and supervising the research of students at Mohammad Bin Rashid University for Medicine and Health Sciences in Dubai.
- Dr. Hassan's professional qualifications include a Fellowship from the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health in London (FRCPCH), a Fellowship from the Royal College of Physician of Ireland in Dublin (FRCPI), a Diploma in Child Health (DCH) from the Glasgow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and a PhD in clinical pediatrics from the Medical School in Glasgow University and a CCST in pediatrics (UK). He was graduated with distinction in 1981 from Basrah University and moved and completed all of his training, qualifications and experience in the UK. Dr. Sam is registered by the General Medical Council of the UK in the Specialist Register of Pediatrics and registered as a Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatologist by the Saudi Medical Board and specialist pediatrician in Dubai Health Authority. Likewise, similar registrations were achieved in the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, the Royal Naval Hospital Gibraltar and the British Forces health services in Germany.
- Dr Sam's philosophy is that we all should work together with the parents, schools and others towards better health, educations and future for all children around the world.
- PhD (Paediatrics) (UK)
- MB ChB (Hons)
- DCH (UK)
- FRCPCH (London)
- FRCPI (Dublin)