- Speech Therapy
- South African
- Sharnay Naidoo graduated with an Honours Degree in Speech-language Pathology. She then worked as a hospital-based speech therapist in the public sector of South Africa, providing services to the rural communities, where she obtained valuable experience in working with families who do not speak English as a first language. Thereafter she worked as a sole practitioner in private schools and hospitals in Durban, South Africa.
- Sharnay moved to the UAE in 2015 where she has been working in the private sector, covering both adult and paediatric inpatient and outpatient management. She obtained a Masters in Early Childhood Intervention in 2016 from the University of Pretoria.
- Sharnay has a special interest in dysphagia management and also has considerable experience in treating both adults and children with a wide range of speech, language, and/or swallowing difficulties. Furthermore, she carries out group intervention and parent coaching. She follows a family-centred approach that involves the family in the management of the patient.
- She is licensed by the Health Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA), Dubai Healthcare City Authority and the New Zealand Speech Therapy Association (NZSTA).
- Sharnay continues to enhance her skills level and has completed the following courses:
- Basic and Advanced dysphagia assessment and management
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT)
- Certified Hanen provider in language development and parent/teacher training (More Than Words, It Takes Two To Talk)
- Makaton signing and symbols
- Certified VitalStim provider
- BSc (Hons) Speech-Language Pathology MSc Early Childhood Intervention