A refreshing green smoothie
- 50g spinach
- 500ml water
- 50g romaine lettuce
- 60ml lemon juice
- 50g mint
- 50g cucumber
Wash all the ingredients and blend together
A delicious quinoa and berries salad (serves 6)
- 300g quinoa
- 240g strawberries
- 240g blackberries
- 2 ½ tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 120g almond flakes
- 10g mint
- Place water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until most water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries and chop.
- In a small bowl whisk together honey and lemon juice until blended.
- Stir honey mixture into quinoa. Fold in strawberries, blueberries, almonds and chopped mint until evenly blended.
Salmon salad & papaya salsa (serves 4)
- 1 papaya, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ green capsicum, de-seeded & diced
- ½ red capsicum, de-seeded & diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime & lime wedges for serving
- 4 nests wholewheat noodles
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Mixed salad leaves
- To make the salsa, combine the papaya, onion, green and red peppers, chilli, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Prepare the noodles following pack instructions. Meanwhile, brush both sides of the salmon fillets with oil, then season. Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium-hot and cook the salmon for 3-4 mins on each side, then remove from the pan. Alternatively, cook the fillets on a barbecue, and pop the lime wedges next to them, flesh-side down, for 2-3 mins. Drain the noodles and toss with the teriyaki sauce.
- Pile the salad leaves and noodles onto plates. Top with the salmon, spoon over the salsa and serve with a lime wedge
Skinny honey & lemon chicken (serves 4)
- 680g skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- ¾ cup homemade chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Zest 1 lemon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Whisk the honey lemon sauce ingredients together until combined in a bowl
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until it is golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a separate (clean) plate with a slotted spoon.
- Pour the honey lemon sauce into an empty pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce simmers and thickens.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and toss until it is evenly coated with the sauce
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds, spring onions and your favourite wild rice or barley