About Aesthetic-Functional Gynaecology
Aesthetic gynaecology can change the aesthetic and functional aspects of women’s reproductive organs through diverse surgical and non-surgical procedures.
The aim of aesthetic gynaecology is to improve a woman’s sexual experiences by rejuvenating her genitals. Moreover, it aims to make her body more aesthetically appealing, whilst boosting her energy and self-esteem.
Aesthetic Gynaecology Procedures
Enhance offers state-of-the-art equipment and well-trained staff to perform any procedure with the utmost care, precision, and safety.
All these treatments are FDA-approved to ensure your safety and satisfaction.
- The aesthetic gynaecology non-surgical procedures that we offer include the following:
- Vaginal and vulva tightening
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- FemiLift laser
- Radio frequency exilis
- BTL Emsella
- Labia majora augmentation with fillers
- Laser vaginal bleaching
- Laser anal bleaching
- The aesthetic gynaecology surgical procedures offered by our clinic include:
- Clitoral hood reduction (hoodectomy)
- Labia majora lifting
Who should you choose an aesthetic gynaecology procedure?
Any woman wanting to improve their intimate area’s visual appearance or sensation should consider an aesthetic gyanecological procedure.
A prospective client should:
- Be in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations about the procedure
- Proceed with a positive mindset
They should also be experiencing any of the below:
- Loose or sagging vagina
- Bladder control problem
- Difficulty using tampons during their period due to vaginal laxity
- Pain or discomfort due to large labial lips
- Dissatisfaction with how her genitals look
The following patients are not suitable for an aesthetic gynaecological procedure:
- Pregnant women
- Patients with severe organ prolapse
- Patients looking for a treatment for a psychosexual dysfunction
Benefits of Aesthetic Gynaecology Procedures
Cosmetic or aesthetic gynaecology has multiple benefits as it plays an essential role in improving a woman’s mental and physical health:
- It increases a woman’s sexual drive or libido
- It helps improve a woman’s sexual intimacy with a partner
- It helps rectify the trauma caused to the vagina and labia during childbirth
- It helps improve the vulva’s appearance after dramatic weight loss
- It enhances the overall look and feel of a woman’s reproductive organs
General Expectations from Aesthetic Gynecology Procedures
Most aesthetic gynaecology procedures are performed in a practitioner’s office inside a clinic/hospital/facility. Every procedure, be it surgical or non-surgical, is minimally invasive, may involve anaesthesia, and has some downtime associated with it.
All details are discussed with the client before the procedure and all questions will be answered before a personalised treatment plan is determined.
1. What is Aesthetic Gynaecology? Is it only for women who have delivered a baby?
Aesthetic Gynaecology is the subspeciality of gynaecology, which deals with the appearance but also with functional problems of the intimate area.
By saying appearance, we mean the size, shape, colour and skin texture of the big and the small lips (labia minora and majora) as well as the mons pubis.
For example, some women might have enlarged or asymmetrical labia minora, saggy labia majora, or the skin colour of the intimate area might be too dark and the texture might be very rough.
In these cases an aesthetic gynaecologist can help either with surgery or with other non-surgical treatments and give women confidence in their intimate life.
Functional problems refer mainly to painful or unenjoyable intercourse.
The reason for that might vary and can be associated with vaginal dryness, vaginal laxity, decreased sensitivity, recurrent vaginal infections, scarring after episiotomy or tears due to vaginal deliveries, or just because of ageing.
Furthermore, there are also medical conditions like vaginismus, which can make intimate life challenging.
For these kind of issues, the good news is that aesthetic gynaecology can offer a solution with non-surgical treatments, with great success, based on cutting edge technology and regenerative medicine. They are all painless last just a few minutes and have no downtime.
Last but not least, aesthetic and functional gynaecology applies to women who experience urinary incontinence or prolapse of the bladder or rectum (cystocele or rectocele).
Depending on the severity of the condition, a non-surgical or a surgical solution can be discussed.
Aesthetic gynecology is definitely not limited to just women who have had babies. Cosmetic surgeries like labiaplasty and clitoral hood lifting, or the non-surgical treatments for labia whitening and labia augmentation with fillers or fat transfer, are mainly undertaken by young women.
2. How does the client prepare for these procedures?
No preparation is required for non-surgical treatments. We only have to make sure that the period has finished and there is no vaginal infection.
For surgeries there is also no preparation, unless the patient is taking certain medication, which will have to be discontinued for a few days prior to the surgery. Not smoking a few days before and a few weeks after the surgery is strongly recommended for better healing.
3. What if the client is not a good candidate for a surgical procedure?
Aesthetic gynaecology offers a wide variety of treatments, meaning that if someone is not a good candidate for surgery, there are many non-surgical alternatives to be considered.
4. At what age can you be seen by an aesthetic gynaecologist?
Aesthetic gynaecologists can see females of any age, at any point of their lives when there are complaints to be addressed. As your body changes with age, any internal or external factors can affect your intimate area.
3. Are aesthetic gynaecology procedures painful?
Non-surgical aesthetic gynaecology procedures done at the clinic are non-invasive treatments and are not painful, with no down time at all. Surgeries, like vaginal tightening or labia plasty minora or majora, are also not painful but patients should be careful during the recovery time and follow the doctor’s post operation instructions for the next six weeks.