Mohammed Shareef Tholoor Dr.
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- English, Hindi, Urdu, Malayalam, Tami, Kannada
- Abdominal pain
- Acid reflux
- Swallow problems
- Oesophageal diseases
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Food intolerance
- Diarrhoea and constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Jaundice and hepatitis
- Preventing and treating early cancers of the gut
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of early cancers in the gut
- Patient education
- Dr Mohammed Shareef Tholoor is a specialist gastroenterologist, accredited and certified from the Joint Royal Colleges Training Board, UK and the British Society of Gastroenterology. He completed his initial post graduate training in Internal Medicine in the UK and Australia and was awarded his membership of the Royal College of Physicians, London in 2006. His higher specialist training in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine was at the prestigious Cambridge deanery rotation. During his training, he was fortunate to have worked in some leading hospitals including Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford and St George's Hospital, London. He was board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine in 2013.
- In addition to his board training in Gastroenterology, he has also completed one year of Research Fellowship in Advanced Gastro-Intestinal Endoscopy. He has been fully accredited in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopy and Colonoscopy since 2010.
- Prior to joining Mediclinic, he worked as a Consultant Gastroenterologist at the prestigious St Mark's Hospital, London, a world Centre of Excellence. He worked in the UK's NHS for thirteen years, three years of which as a Consultant Gastroenterologist and during this time obtained extensive experience in broad areas of Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine and Hepatology.
- He has published papers and review articles in some of the leading international peer-reviewed journals and has presented at international meetings. He won the 'Best Presentation' award at the United European Gastroenterology conference in 2012.
- Dr Mohammed Shareef Tholoor strongly believes in taking a holistic view when treating his patients, putting their concerns, views and preferences at the centre of their clinical care. In addition to carrying out thorough assessment with appropriate investigations, he also believes in giving equal attention to the diet and lifestyle.
- He is a member of the British society of Gastroenterology, the Royal College of Physicians, UK and the American Gastroenterological Association.
- MRCP (London)
- MRCP (Gastro) CCST (UK)
- Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine