The Department of General Surgery offers a 24 hour emergency service. It is a discipline which requires knowledge and familiarity with a broad spectrum of diseases with a subspecialised divisions. It focuses on GI surgery, oncological and benign breast Surgery, hepatobiliary, endocrine, hernia and complex abdominal wall repair.
Mediclinic Al Reem Mall General Surgery department is made up of expert physicians, who work in groups to provide 24/7 floor coverage and also emergency services. Our operating theatres are equipped with the most advanced technology available.
The department of General Surgery deals with diagnosing and managing of patients. All our oncology patients are dealt with individually and all are discussed in the multi-disciplinary tumour board where the investigations are reviewed, and a tailored treatment plan is devised.
- Colorectal surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery including all types of abdominal wall hernia
- Laparoscopic hiatal hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy and pancreatico-biliary surgery
- Minimally invasive anal region surgery (fissure, fistula, abscess, PNS, polyps)
- Laser hemorrhoids and all new management without surgery
- Advanced minimal invasive surgery for complicated anal fistulas
- Breast Surgery, and oncoplastic breast surgery
- Endocrine surgery (thyroid, parathyroid, suprarenal glands)
- Neck surgery and neck oncology
- Skin lesions, melanoma
- Wound care and colostomy care
- 24 hours emergency coverage
- 24hours ICU coverage