Haitham Talo Dr.
- Paediatric Cardiology
- English, Arabic
- Assessing and managing paediatric cardiology patients from birth until 18 years of age with special interest and expertise in clinical cardiology and non-invasive cardiac imaging especially echocardiography.
- Assessing and managing patients in the pre and post-operative period of cardiac surgical intervention
- Assessing cardiac murmurs in the paediatric population
- Assessing chest pain in the paediatric population
- Non-invasive assessment and management of paediatric cardiac rhythm abnormalities
- Assessing and managing paediatric cardiology patients with any type of simple or complex congenital heart lesions
- Dr. Talo earned his medical degree from Damascus University School of Medicine in 1988.
He completed his Paediatric Residency training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, in 1993 and his Paediatric Cardiology Fellowship training at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA in 1996.
Dr. Talo is American Board certified in Paediatrics and Paediatric Cardiology, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Cardiology.
In addition, he is an adjunct staff at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Dr. Talo has 25 years of experience in many leading medical organisations and institutions in the USA, UAE and Syria.
Prior to joining the private medical sector, Dr. Talo was a senior paediatric cardiology consultant at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC), Abu Dhabi from 2006 until 2018 and was the division chief of Paediatric Cardiology at SKMC since 2012.
- Damascus University School of Medicine