Rahul Anand Nathwani Dr. (ID*)
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- Dr. Nathwani received his medical degree from the University of Bombay in 1998, following which he pursued his post-graduate studies in the United States. He completed his Internal Medicine residency and Gastroenterology/Hepatology fellowship at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles and subsequently pursued additional training in advanced therapeutic endoscopy during a fellowship at the Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. During this fellowship, Dr. Nathwani acquired expertise in procedures such as ERCP, endoscopic ultrasonography, endoscopic mucosal resection, video capsule endoscopy and double balloon enteroscopy.
- His main areas of interest include diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for pancreatic and biliary disorders, inflammatory bowel disease and treatment of viral hepatitis.
- He has contributed significantly to his field in the form of numerous scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals, review articles and textbook chapters. In addition, he has received numerous awards including the prestigious 'Tamayoz Award' by the Harvard Medical School Dubai, for the most outstanding research by a young physician in the Middle East.
- He is currently a member of the American Gastroenterological Association, American College of Gastroenterology, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease.
- *Independent Doctors(ID): Defined as individuals not employed by Mediclinic Middle East who are granted the privilege to treat patient at MCME facilities, in either inpatient or outpatient settings, as applicable.
- FACG American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Gastroenterology