- Laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Roux en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic revisional bariatric surgery (for failed weight loss or complications)
- Laparoscopic band insertion/removal
- Gastroscopy +/- balloon insertion
- Laparoscopic funduplication (anti-reflux surgery)
- Laparoscopic Heller’s myotomy
- Laparoscopic repair of para-oesophageal hernia
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy +/- intraoperative cholangiogram
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernia (TAP)
- Laparoscopic and open incisional hernia with abdominal wall reconstruction
- Dr Adriana Rotundo is a consultant general, laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon. She graduated in Italy in 2002 and completed her specialist training in Rome at La Sapienza University. In 2007 she moved to Oxford, UK where she worked at the John Radcliffe Hospital in the Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Unit. She completed a Bariatric Fellowship at the University College Hospital in London and was recognised by the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2012. She was a consultant bariatric and esophagogastric surgeon in the UK at the University Hospital of North Midlands, one of the largest hospitals in the country.
She moved to the UAE in 2017 and since then has performed many weight loss procedures such as mini and standard gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric band and balloon insertion. Moreover she has vast experience in revision weight loss surgery for patients who failed to lose weight with a first procedure and need a second procedure to achieve a better result.
Dr Adriana has a special interest in gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) and hiatal hernia, from diagnosis to surgical treatment. She has performed several laparoscopic surgical procedures for GERD and hiatal hernia with very good outcomes and resolution of symptoms.
Dr Adriana is Director of the International Bariatric Club (IBC) in the Middle East and she is a member of the International Federation for Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorder (IFSO), the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT), the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS), the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS), the Emirates Medical Association (EMA), the Emirates Surgical Metabolic and Bariatric Society (ESMBS) and the Mini Gastric Bypass Collaborative Research Group. Dr Adriana has been invited to speak at many international obesity conferences and has produced many publications and articles. Dr Adriana was invited to Sky Arabia on two different occasions to discuss obesity and weight loss surgery in the Middle east.