- Routine pediatric and neonatal care including childhood vaccinations and developmental follow up
- Childhood infections including recurrent respiratory infections, gastrointestinal infections and UTI
- Allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis and adenoids
- Asthma and chronic cough
- Food allergies and drug allergies including anaphylaxis
- Eczema, urticaria and skin allergies
- Allergy testing and management including epipen, food challenges etc
- Dr. Arun has more than 15 years of experience in treating children and neonates. He gained his MBBS from Thanjavur Medical College as the best outgoing student with gold medals in six subjects including paediatrics. He undertook his postgraduate paediatric training in a prestigious 650-bed exclusive paediatric training institute and hospital for children, under Madras Medical College. He got further training in allergy from the United Kingdom and holds an MSc Allergy from Southampton University, UK.
He has been working with Mediclinic Middle East since 2007, initially at Mediclinic Welcare Hospital and then at Mediclinic Al Sufouh since 2013. He became a member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health in 2013. He is certified in basic life support (BLS), neonatal resuscitation and paediatric advanced life support (PALS). He is also an American Heart Association trained basic and paediatric advanced life support instructor and trains doctors, nurses and paramedics.
He has two publications under his name in the Indian Journal of Practical Paediatrics. He is active academically and administratively and is currently the lead physician in charge of all medical issues at Mediclinic Al Sufouh.
- MD (Paediatrics)
- MRCPCH (UK)
- MSc Allergy (UK)