- Routine pediatric and neonatal care including childhood vaccinations and developmental follow up
- Childhood infections including recurrent respiratory infections, gastrointestinal infections and UTI
- Allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis and adenoids
- Asthma and chronic cough
- Food allergies and drug allergies including anaphylaxis
- Eczema, urticaria and skin allergies
- Allergy testing and management including epipen, food challenges etc
- Dr. Arun has more than 15 years of experience in treating children and neonates. He completed his MBBS from Thanjavur Medical College as the best outgoing student with gold medals in six subjects including paediatrics. He undertook his postgraduate paediatric training in a prestigious 650-bed exclusive paediatric training institute and hospital for children, under Madras Medical College. He was further trained in allergy in the United Kingdom and holds an MSc Allergy from Southampton University, UK, which is one of the very few hospitals in the world to be awarded centre of excellence for allergy services by the World Allergy Organization (WAO).
In addition to comprehensive general pediatric care from neonates to adolescents, his allergy competencies include assessment and management of asthma, allergic rhinitis, chronic cough and respiratory allergies with access to lung function tests like spirometry, FeNO etc. He is competent in skin prick test to identify the causal allergen and treats with allergen immunotherapy if indicated. His expertise also include identifying and managing food allergies including anaphylaxis, which can co-exist with eczema through advanced diagnostic modalities like component resolved diagnosis. Oral food challenges, drug provocation test for drug (penicillin) allergies and epipen (adrenaline auto injector) training are other services offered in his office.
He has been working with Mediclinic Middle East since 2007, initially at Mediclinic Welcare Hospital and then at Mediclinic Al Sufouh since 2013. He is an instructor of American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) and paediatric advanced life support (PALS) and trains doctors, nurses and paramedics. He is an active member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) and also renowned allergy associations across the world like the British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI), the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) and the Amercian Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI).
He has publications under his name in reputed journals. He is active academically and delivers lectures in medical congresses regionally and internationally. He also contributes to the administrative activities of the organisation and is currently the lead physician in charge of all medical matters at Mediclinic Al Sufouh. He believes in team work and works closely with parents, other specialty doctors, dieticians and physiotherapists.
MSc Allergy (UK)