Wagdy Mikhail Dr.
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- English, Arabic
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower GI endoscopy
- Management of liver disorders including hepatitis and follow-up of liver transplant patients
- Oesophageal diseases including reflux oesophagitis and motility disorders
- Screening for colo-rectal cancer
- Investigations and management of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Diet in gastroenterology disorders
- Video capsule endoscopy
- Fibroscan (non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis and cirrhosis)
- Dr. Wagdy Mikhail graduated from Alexandria University, Egypt, in 1972 and trained in Internal Medicine in Kuwait and theUnited Kingdom. He joined Rashid Hospital, Dubai, where he trained in Gastroenterology. He also participated in establishing the Digestive Disease and Endoscopy Unit at Rashid Hospital
- He has over 30 years’ experience in managing diagnostic & therapeutic endoscopy & liver disorders. He has performed about 25,000 upper and 16,000 lower diagnostic & therapeutic endoscopies.
- He was elected as Secretary General of the Emirates Gastroenterology Society and later as its President from 2007 to 2009 and has also been a lecturer and clinical tutor at Dubai Medical School for Girls.
- Dr. Wagdy has attended and participated in many nationaland international conferences and workshops.
- DM. Internal Medicine