- Epilepsy – complex and genetic
- Developemental delay
- Developemental disorders
- Cerebral palsy autism
- Neonatal neurology
- Demylinating disorders
- Paediatric multiple sclerosis
- Muscle and nerve disease
- Neurometabolic disorders
- Paediatric stroke
- Paediatric movement disorders and disorders of tone Neurorehabilitation
- Dr Sunny Philip has been working in UK as a Consultant Paediatric Neurologist since 2000 and at Birmingham Women's and Children's Hospital since 2002 when he was appointed as head of department of Paediatric Neurology and the children's complex epilepsy program and children's epilepsy surgery service. He was also a senior clinical lecturer at Birmingham University. He completed his Paediatric Neurology training in the UK and USA. He has been instrumental in improving standards of practice and education in the UK in paediatric neurology, is a member of many national committees and served as Secretary for the British Paediatric Neurology Association (BPNA) Executive.
Dr. Sunny is a passionate and experienced educator and was key in the development and success of BPNA Paediatric Epilepsy Training (PET) courses both nationally in UK and internationally in many countries. He has also led the teacher training courses for BPNA. Under his leadership the children's epilepsy surgery program at Birmingham has become one of the best centres in UK and has been recognised as the program which has seen the largest expansion to provide services to children with epilepsy, achieving international standards in outcome. He has a long track in academia and research in the UK and was PI for a number of multinational research studies. He has over 45 peer reviewed publications in journals and over 55 presentations at national and international conferences. His affiliations are with General Medical Council UK, BPNA , Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health UK and European Paediatric Neurology Society.
- MBBS, MD, MRCP, MRCPCH, FRCPCH