Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Physiotherapy focuses on the treatment of conditions that affect your physical wellbeing. These conditions can be musculoskeletal (muscles/tissues), neurological (nerves), somatic (organs) or psychological (brain) in nature.
Physiotherapy services at Mediclinic Al Ain Hospital encompass all of the above as well as focus on a variety of paediatric and adult conditions. Our aim is to attain body wellness and return to everyday life with the least discomfort or restriction.
- Orthopaedic manipulative therapy e.g. specialised treatment focused on any spinal conditions such as cervical disc disease, lumbar/cervical spondylosis, neuropathies, stiffness and muscle weakness conditions
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation following surgery e.g. total knee replacement, shoulder/knee arthroscopies, fractured bones
- Hand rehabilitation e.g. fractured fingers, tendon injuries, wrist fractures
- Adult stroke rehabilitation post acute phase
- Paediatric neuro-physiotherapy
- Chronic pain management for long standing pain that does not go away
- Osteogenic conditions e.g. osteoarthritis in the knees/back
- Dry needling, manual therapy, kinesio taping
- Shock therapy in treatment of plantar fascitis and other painful areas of the body
- Administration of ultrasound, interferential therapy, TENS and many other modalities for pain relief