Vascular surgery is a surgical speciality in which diseases of arteries, veins and lymphatic circulation are diagnosed and treated. Management may be by medical therapy, minimally-invasive catheter procedures and surgical reconstruction. The vascular surgeon is trained in the diagnosis and management of diseases affecting all parts of the vascular system except those of the heart and brain.
The Department of Vascular Surgery in Mediclinic Al Ain Hospital is equipped with the most recent instruments and tools which ensure fast and reliable quality care. It is run by a French senior consultant who holds the highest grade of specialisation with more than 30 years’ experience in Europe and Middle East. He also has extensive expertise in endovascular treatment which has fewer complications and a shorter hospital stay.
- Vascular Surgery procedures include the following:
- Aortic reconstruction (aneurysmectomy, bypass, thrombectomy and endovascular)
- Reconstruction of carotid arteries (endarterectomy, bypass and endovascular)
- Reconstruction of mesenteric arteries (endarterectomy and bypass and endovascular)
- Reconstruction of renal arteries (endarterectomy and bypass and endovascular)
- Treatment of peripheral vascular disease of the arms (bypass and endovascular)
- Treatment of peripheral vascular disease of the legs (bypass, repair and endovascular)
- Treatment of trauma or injury to arteries and veins
- Amputation of extremities
- Treatment of lymphedema
- Diagnostic angiography of arteries and veins
- Thrombolytic therapy / thrombectomy
- Intravascular ultrasounds
- Arterial embolisation for aneurysms or per-procedure bleeding
- Thoracic or abdominal aortic stent grafting
- Management of complications of vascular operations
- Arterial duplex ultrasonography, including cerebral artery and visceral (renal and mesenteric) and lower limbs arteries
- Venous duplex ultrasonography
- Venous reconstruction, vein stripping and ligation.
- Treatment of varicose veins by endovenous laser therapy or radio frequency