The Gastroenterology/Hepatology department at Mediclinic City Hospital provides services related to the diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. It features state-of-the-art endoscopy suites where various procedures are performed by our highly qualified gastroenterologists.
Endoscopy is a sophisticated method of investigating and treating diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. There are various kinds of endoscopes utilised for this purpose. These are flexible tubes which are equipped with computer chips giving the finest details of the inside of the gastrointestinal tract and allowing us not only to diagnose the problem but also to treat them during the endoscopy.
Some of the procedures performed include:
- Diagnostic gastroscopies
- Diagnostic colonoscopies
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCPs
- Injection treatment for oesophageal varices
- Dilatation of oesophageal and duodenal strictures
- Balloon dilatation for achalasia
- Insertion of oesophageal prostheses
- Injection of bleeding stomach ulcers
- Removal of colonic polyps
- Sphincterotomy to remove bile duct stones
- Insertion of biliary stents for obstructive jaundice due to biliary strictures
- Liver biopsies