The gastroenterology department at Mediclinic Dubai Mall provides expert specialist services related to all diseases of the gastrointestinal tract including diseases of the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, liver, gall bladder and pancreas.
The clinic also features a state-of-the-art endoscopy suite where endoscopic procedures are performed by our highly qualified specialist gastroenterologists.
Endoscopy is a sophisticated method of investigating and treating diseases relating to the gastrointestinal tract.
Standard endoscopes are fine flexible tubes attached to a camera at one end and equipped with computer chips. These can be passed inside the gastrointestinal tract smoothly and provide the finest details of the inside of the gastrointestinal tract allowing us not only to detect and diagnose the problem but also to treat a lot of them effectively at the time of the endoscopy.
There are various kinds of endoscopes utilised for this purpose. Some of the procedures performed include:
- Diagnostic gastroscopies (EGD)
- Diagnostic colonoscopies
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCPs
- Injection treatment for oesophageal varices
- Dilatation of oesophageal and duodenal strictures
- Balloon dilatation for achalasia
- Insertion of oesophageal prostheses
- Injection of bleeding stomach ulcers
- Removal of gastric and colonic polyps (early tumours)
- Sphincterotomy and removal of stones in the bile ducts
- Insertion of biliary stents for obstructive jaundice due to biliary strictures
We also perform various non-endoscopic investigations. Some of these include:
- Urea breath test for H Pylori
- Hydrogen breath test to detect small bowel bacterial problems
- Lactose intolerance test for adult and children
- Food intolerance test
- Liver biopsy