- Diagnosis and management of hypertension with experience of performing 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Dr. Zafer joined Mediclinic Parkview Hospital as a consultant nephrologist with over 25 years of experience in the USA, UAE and Syria. He has practised Nephrology for 15 years in USA, four years in Syria and six years in the UAE.
- After completing his medical education at Damascus University Medical School in 1988, he travelled to the USA where worked as a research associate at Henry Ford Hospital, Michigan and undertook an externship in Internal medicine at Wayne State University, Michigan. He obtained the ECFMG Certificate, Philadelphia, USA in 1991
- He completed three years internship and residency training in internal medicine at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Michigan, USA in 1994 and his fellowship in Nephrology and Hypertension at Henry Ford Hospital, Michigan, USA in 1996.
- Dr. Zafer became American Board Certified in Internal Medicine in 1994 and in Nephrology in 1996 and he is participating in the maintenance of certification MOC program of the American Board.
- Dr. Zafer was trained in Interventional Nephrology and in 2002 he obtained a certification in Interventional Nephrology by RMS Lifeline and American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology.
- Dr. Zafer is also certified by the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons USA in both Internal Medicine and Nephrology. He is a member of the American Society of Nephrology and several other Nephrology societies.
- Dr. Zafer has covered Head of Nephrology Department at several major hospitals and medical directors of several dialysis units and he has numerous presentations, publications and conferences to his name.
- Dr. Zafers practice include haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis as treatment for end stage kidney disease patients, haemodialysis vascular access related problems, chronic kidney disease and diabetic kidney disease (prevention, diagnosis and treatment), critical care nephrology and CRRT, acute and chronic glomerulonephritis management and pre- and post- kidney transplant evaluation, prevention and medical treatment of kidney stones.