Patients who suffer from pain for weeks, months or even years require special attention. That is why hospitals often have a special department dedicated to the treatment of chronic pain.
Our pain management specialist selects methods of pain relief tailored to the patient that either completely eliminate the pain or at least alleviate it.
Various drugs and surgical techniques can be used to achieve this. These days, use is often made of the latest methods, such as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) – where the nerves in the spinal cord are stimulated using an electrical current – or implanting pumps that drip-feed pain-relieving drugs into the body.
As pain can also have a pronounced impact on the spiritual well-being of the patient, psychiatrists and psychotherapists are often involved in pain therapy.
Please visit us if you got any of the below health conditions:
- Acute and chronic back and neck pain
- Joint pain
- Cancer pain
- Post-surgical pain
- Pelvic pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Chronic regional pain syndrome
- Inflammatory arthropathies
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Visceral abdominal pain
At Mediclinic Parkview Hospital, our Pain Management services include
- Peripheral Nerve blocks +/- Pulsed radiofrequency
- Nerve root injections +/- Pulsed radiofrequency
- Cervical/ Thoracic/ lumbar facet joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections and denervation
- Cortisone Joint injections
- Radiofrequency treatment
- Sympathetic nerve blocks (stellate, coeliac, superior hypogastric, ganglion impair)
- Botox injections for neuropathies and migraine
- Plasma platelet rich therapies
- IV lidocaine infusion