- Children and adolescents, Conservative and Surgical treatment of:
- Limb Deformity
- Clubfoot Deformity
- Hip Dysplasia
- Flatfoot and foot conditions
- Knock Knees & Bowlegs
- Leg Length Discrepancy
- Gait abnormalities’
- Bone lesions and infections
- Congenital deformities upper and lower extremities
- Fractures and joint dislocations
- Cerebral palsy and neuromusculares diseases. Related orthopaedic problems
- Spinal Deformities such as Scoliosis (only Conservative treatment)
- Dr. Edilson Forlin has over 25 years of experience as a Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon. He graduated and completed the residency program in Brazil and the Fellowship at Children’s Hospital in Curitiba (Brazil), Dupont Hospital for Children in Delaware (USA) and Children’s Hospital and Medical Center of Seattle (USA).
Dr Edilson obtained his master’s degree in 1996 and PhD in 2000. He was former president of the Brazilian Pediatric Orthopaedic Society and is an honorary member of several pediatric orthopaedic organizations. He is a member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics and Journal of Children Orthopaedics, Raven Press, USA. Dr. Edilson is internationally recognized and has given more than 150 presentations at Congresses and conferences in Brazil and abroad. He has published 25 research papers in international journals (MEDLINE) and has over 900 citations in Google Scholar. He also wrote 22 book chapters including Secrets in Pediatric Orthopaedics and Principles of Pediatric Spine..
He has done several international visitor programs including with Dr Ponseti in Iowa being one of the pioneers of the Ponseti method outside of Iowa. He holds a chair as professor of Orthopaedics at the Federal University of Parana.
He was extensive experience in the clinical and surgical treatment of wide spectrum of orthopaedics problems in children and adolescent. Since 2019 Dr. Edilson is working in Dubai and had treated more than 2000 patients.
- M.D, MSc. PhD
- International Fellow in Paediatric Orthopedics at Children's Hospital & Medical Center in Seattle, WA, USA- 1991.
Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopedics at Alfred I. Dupont Institute in Wilmington, DE, USA1990.
Clinical fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedics - Hospital Pequeno Príncipe Curitiba 1988-99.
Doctor of Medicine PhD, UNIFESP 2000
Master's Degree in Orthopedics and Traumatology by the Post-Graduate Course in Orthopedics and Traumatology, UNIFESP 1996.
Residence program in Orthopaedics by UFPR (University Federal of Parana) 1985-1988.
Graduation in Medicine by UFPR (University Federal of Parana) 1979-1984