Conservative and post-surgical management of the following conditions:
- Radius, ulnar fractures
- Ulnar sided wrist pain and injuries
- Triangular fibrocartilage complex
- Scapholunate interosseous ligament
- Other wrist ligament injuries
- Scaphoid and other wrist bone fractures
- Hand and finger fractures and ligament sprains (e.g. Boxer’s fracture, Skier’s thumb)
- Hand and wrist tendonitis (e.g. De Quervain’s/Texter’s or Mommy’s Thumb, extensor tendonitis, flexor tendonitis)
- Wrist ganglion
- Forearm muscle pain
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Proximal radial head fracture and replacement
- Finger joint replacement
- Blair is a licensed and registered Occupational Therapist with over 24 years of experience. Blair has been exclusively treating hand and wrist orthopaedic and sports injuries, conservative and post-operative, more than 12 years. He has post-graduate degrees in the specialised practice of Hand Therapy from universities in Spain (2022) and the United Kingdom (2014).
He works on the conservative and post-surgical rehabilitation of the following conditions:
1. Wrist fractures (Scaphoid fracture, Hamate fracture, Lunate fracture and other wrist bone fractures).
2. Wrist sprains/ligament injuries (Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex or TFCC, Scapholunate Ligament or SLIL, Lunotriquetral Ligament or LTq, Pisotriquetral Ligament or PTq and other wrist sprains).
3. Distal radius fracture
4. Distal ulna fracture
5. Hand fractures
6. Knuckle sprains or collateral ligament sprains (radial and ulnar)
7. Finger fractures (Boxer’s fracture, crush injuries and others)
8. Finger Tendon injuries and ligament sprains (Mallet finger/Jersey finger, Swan Neck, Boutonniere Deformity, Central slip injuries, and etc.)
9. Trigger finger/trigger thumb
10. Finger joint arthroplasty or replacement rehabilitation
11. Thumb fractures and ligament injuries (radial collateral ligament sprain, ulnar collateral ligament sprain or Game Keeper’s thumb/Skier’s Thumb.
12. Thumb joint replacement rehabilitation
13. Tendonitis of the thumb (De Quervain’s Tendonitis/Mommy’s Thumb/Texter’s Thumb)
14. Dorsal ganglion post-surgical rehablitation
15. Golfer’s Elbow or Medial epicondylitis
16. Tennis Elbow or Lateral epicondylitis
17. Radial Head fracture
18. Peripheral Nerve Conditions, including entrapments (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Lacertus Syndrome, Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome/Bicycler’s Neuropathy/handlebar palsy, Radial Nerve Palsy/Saturday Night’s Palsy, Radial Tunnel Syndrome, Wrist drop)
Blair also has experience in the management of post-surgical rehabilitation of flexor and extensor tendon repairs as well as fusion of fingers and fusion of wrist joints.
Blair is an active advocate of the specialised practice of Hand Therapy in Dubai and is the official representative of the UAE to the International Federation of Societies for Hand Therapy (IFSHT).
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Hand Therapy – International University of Andalusia, Spain
Post-Graduate Certificate in Hand Therapy – University of Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy – University of Perpetual Help System, Manila, Philippines