- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal malignancies including oesophageal cancer, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, hepatobiliary cancer, and pancreatic cancer
- Gynaecological malignancies including cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, and ovarian cancer
- Urological malignancies including renal cancer, bladder cancer and prostate cancer
- Brain cancer
- Haemoglobinopathy, sickle cell disease
- Thrombosis (clotting)
- Bleeding disorders
- Immune haematology including haemolytic anaemia, ITP and immune deficiencies
- Chronic leukaemia ( CLL and CML)
- Lymphoma: Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin
- Stem cell transplant
- Dr. Almehrezi is a highly-qualified and experienced physician with a Bachelor's degree in Medicine from the prestigious Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. His journey continued with postgraduate training in Canada where he spent eight years perfecting his skills. He started by training in Internal Medicine at McGill University Hospitals in Montreal, followed by clinical hematology and medical oncology fellowships at the renowned Ottawa University Hospital and Ottawa Cancer Center. Next, he completed his training with one year dedicated to bone marrow transplant at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary-Alberta, Canada.
Dr. Almehrezi's led the medical oncology programme at the Zayed Military Hospital and has over 17 years of experience in cancer medicine. He has diagnosed and treated countless benign, malignant haematological and solid cancer patients using a variety of treatment modalities, which include targeted therapies, immunotherapies, chemotherapies, hormonal therapies, and a combination of these agents. He has a particular expertise in treating breast, lung, gastrointestinal, and urological cancers, as well as lymphomas, chronic leukemia, and multiple myeloma.
Dr. Almehrezi is known for his remarkable bedside manners and clinic approach. Many patients and their families favour his communication style when providing medical care and advice.
- *2018 April American Board recertification of Hematology
*2017 October American Board recertification of Internal Medicine.
*2010 November American Board of Medical Oncology.
*2010 September Canadian Board of Medical oncology
.*2009 September Canadian Board of Hematology
.*2008 October American Board of Hematology.
*2008 May Canadian Board of Internal Medicine
.*2007 August American Board of Internal Medicine*
1994-2000 Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland* Graduation year:
2000.Degrees: MB, BCH, LRCP&SI, BAO (NUI)