At Mediclinic City Hospital, the aim of the Orthopaedic Department is to be the first-choice for orthopaedic treatment, trauma management, rehabilitation and disability services.
Each year we perform significant numbers of trauma and elective orthopaedic operations including fracture management, joint replacement, ligament reconstruction, foot and ankle surgeries. Our department provides care for patients with bone, joint, muscle and associated musculo-skeletal injuries, from diagnosis through to surgery and other treatment modalities including rehabilitation.
The orthopaedic services offered at Mediclinic City Hospital include:
- Knee and hip joint replacement surgery, including primary and revision joint replacement, reconstruction with metal or bone graft augmentation
- Arthroscopic surgery for knee, shoulder, ankle and hip joints
- Sports injuries management and ligament reconstruction surgery for knee, shoulder and ankle joints including ACL reconstruction and tight-rope augmentation for knee and shoulder joint injuries
- Foot and ankle surgery including corrective surgeries for different foot and toe deformities including Hallux Valgus surgery
- Paediatric and adult trauma management including manipulations, open reduction and internal fixation using alternative metal work
- Sports injuries management
- Cartilage repair surgery
- Joint arthritis management including assessment and joint injections
Mediclinic City Hospital’s highly experienced orthopaedic surgeons also sub-specialise in particular areas to ensure patients have access to the best possible levels of expertise. There is also a dedicated multidisciplinary team of occupational therapists, nursing staff, physiotherapists and orthotics practitioners which helps manage a wide variety of joint disorders both surgically and non-surgically.
Outpatient services:Saturday – Thursday: 8am – 5pm
Trauma services: 24 hours per day through Accident & Emergency