- Interpretation of mammography/tomosynthesis (screening and diagnostic), breast ultrasound and elastrgraphy, and breast MRI.
- Interventional breast procedures including:
- Stereotactic and ultrasound guided breast core needle biopsies and fine needles aspiratons (FNA)
- Ultrasound guided axillary lymph node core needle biopsies and fine needle aspirations (FNA)
- Stereotactic and ultrasound guided marker insertion in breast tumour and axillary lymph node
- Stereotactic and ultrasound guided vacuum–assisted biopsies and non-surgical excision of small breast lesions (VAB)
- Ultrasound guided breast cyst aspiration and breast abscess drainage
- Pre-operative lesion wire localisation ad bracketing
- Dr. Basemah Zaghir trained as a doctor at the Medical University of Baghdad and continued her medical training in the Netherlands where she also completed her postgraduate study in radiology.
Prior to joining Mediclinic Parkview Hospital, she worked as a consultant radiologist at Tawam hospital, Al Ain.
She has contributed to scientific presentations in national and international conferences and workshops.
She is a member of the Dutch Society of Radiologists (NVVR), the European Society of Radiology (ESR) and the European Society of Breast Imaging.
- Dutch board certified in radiology