Welcome to the MEDICLINIC KIDS Ward, Please take some time to familiarise yourself with our policies which have been designed to ensure your child’s safety and wellbeing.
Each private room is designed to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We have a dedicated team of nurses and support staff who are here to help you:
- Unit manager: Ronelle Peters
- Head of Department: Dr. Tina B. Williams
- Ward clerk : Marian Benusa
- Nursing staff : They will introduce themselves to you per shift
- Billing clerk : Chakkochan Kalan
- Cleaner : Shanti
- Serving hostess: A hostess from kitchen will take your meal order
Doctor rounds once daily:
- Between 8am and 10am (hospitalist and consultant). This is a time for the family to ask questions regarding their child’s treatment plan.
- The paediatric specialist can be contacted by the nurses should there be queries outside this time.
- Parents or guardians are welcome to visit at any time.
- Friends and other family members are welcome to visit from 0900 – 2100 every day to ensure children get their much-needed rest.
- Two visitors are allowed inside the room at any time.
- One parent is allowed to sleep over. A sofa bed is provided.
- Children below 12 years old cannot visit or sleep over in the ward for infection control reasons.
Food and drinks
a. Every morning our hostess will provide you with our fine selection of meal choices from a balanced menu.
b. Please ask your nurse before bringing in any food or drinks for the patient. We try to minimise food waste and rest assured our kitchen is preparing fresh, healthy food.
- We have a playroom with push cars and toys. Please speak to your nurse for assistance.
- Parents, should they wish, can accompany a child into the procedure room. However, we prefer that only one parent is present.
- Please do not leave your baby unattended in the room. Should you wish to step out, please inform your named nurse before you leave.
- We provide cribs for children below the age of two years. This is for your baby’s safety.
- We have a pantry available to clean baby bottles. Please ask staff for assistance.
- We are a breastfeeding friendly hospital and therefore unable to stock or supply infant formulas, bottles and teats. Should you need any, the pharmacy has readily prepared formula available for purchase.
- The cleaners will visit daily to clean your room and the nurses will assist in changing the linen daily. Should there be soiling of linen between changes we will attend to this as soon as possible.
- The room temperature is maintained between 21 – 250C. There is a temperature regulator beside the door should you wish to change the settings.
- At the end of your stay with us, we would value your feedback to help us improve our services. A short time after discharge you will receive and email with a survey to evaluate your stay. You can also share your story and appreciation to our staff using the DAISY AWARD NOMINATION FORM which can be found at the nurses’ station.
- Free wifi password: EatHealthyFood