- Weight loss (bariatric) and metabolic surgery
- Management of bariatric surgery emergencies
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy +/- on-table cholangiography
- Laparoscopic or open inguino-femoral hernia repair, incisional-/ umbilical-/ paraumbilical-/ epigastric-/ Spighelian-/ recurrent hernia repair
- Laparoscopic or open appendectomy
- Laparoscopic or open emergency surgeries
- Staging laparoscopy and peritoneal lavage +/- on-table OGD
- Benign breast surgery
- Minor anal conditions: haemorrhoids, anal fissure, anal fistula, perianal abscess
- Skin surgery
- Wound management, diabetic foot management
- Gastroscopy, gastric balloon insertion
- Dr. Biborka Bereczky is a Consultant General, Laparoscopic, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeon with over 12 years of experience in the UAE, Hungary, UK, Belgium and Japan. She graduated from Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, where she worked for 13 years. In 2010 she gained her Ph.D. degree in Molecular Oncology after completing a 1.5 year-long research scholarship in Fukuoka, Japan. She also worked in the UK for four years. She has moved to Dubai in 2013 and worked in Dubai Hospital for five years as a Specialist General Surgeon in the Bariatric, Breast, Wound Management and General Surgery teams.
She completed a three-month Advanced Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery Fellowship in AZ Sint-Jan Hospital, Bruges, Belgium in 2017. In 2018 she was awarded the one-year Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) and worked as a Senior Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Fellow in Derby, UK. She is also an Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopist (JAG/JETS, UK 2019). Dr. Biborka was appointed as Adjunct Associate Professor at the College of Medicine, Mohammed Bin Rashid University (MBRU) in 2019. Besides performing of wide spectrum of general, bariatric and emergency surgeries, she is active in clinical research, teaching and other academic activities.
- MD, PhD
Adjunct Associate Professor at the College of Medicine, MBRU.